Droid Turbo T Mobile Questions

wf858

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking about buying the Droid Turbo but unfortunately I'm on T Mobile so I'm unsure if I will be able to get this phone. First off, how will I be able to buy this phone? I would not want to get a plan with Verizon even if canceled right away. If I went to a Best Buy and I just walked in, would I be able to buy the phone without any Verizon plan attached? Also, are there any problems with T Mobile on this phone? I live in the Illinois area and I want to have good coverage as much as possible. Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I can't speak directly to whether the Turbo will work on T-mobile's network or not. Perhaps someone can give us a sure yes or no.

You can buy it for cash at dealers without any contract requirement.

OP
W

wf858

Reaction score
I can't speak directly to whether the Turbo will work on T-mobile's network or not. Perhaps someone can give us a sure yes or no.

OK, its good to hear that I don't need anything with Verizon to buy the phone. Thanks for the reply!

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5

Being a Verizon phone, the Droid Turbo should already be world ready. The main issue is making sure the supported frequencies match T-Mobile's operating frequencies.

OK, its good to hear that I don't need anything with Verizon to buy the phone. Thanks for the reply!

I would try Swappa, Amazon and eBay before buying direct from Verizon. Swappa usually has some really good quality used phones for reasonable prices.

OP
W

wf858

Reaction score
Being a Verizon phone, the Droid Turbo should already be world ready. The main issue is making sure the supported frequencies match T-Mobile's operating frequencies.

I would try Swappa, Amazon and eBay before buying direct from Verizon. Swappa usually has some really good quality used phones for reasonable prices.
OK thank you for the reply I think I would rather buy the phone in a store rather than have it delivered but I will consider those options. Thank you!