Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

dx2.jpg

DroidX2 owners, you’re missing the clockworkmod recovery, right? Well, if you’re ready to take risks of flashing/hacking — and even greater risk that applies to Chinese-origin APKs — you can install the ClockWorkMod recovery on your Droid X2 too, One APK file is just what you need. The Droid X2 bootstrap app was actually meant for the Atrix 4G but it’s loving Droid X2 too, equally it seems.

Of course, the Chinese origin of the hack is big drawback, but users in the last 24 hrs who’ve given this recovery a go are saying only good things — that’s for the motivation, if you’re looking for some. Users have been able to fully backup their ROMs and restore them too successfully!

Those willing to give it a try can move forward to this XDA thread to download the apk file as also read the user’s views and opinions over there. Be careful, and good luck!

Source: DroidXForums via Droid-life

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Well thats good news to hear if the atrix has been hacked that means that the Bionic will not be far behind once released!

B0bby

Reaction score
It works.. did a backup, then did SBF, then wiped. Then I restored.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

infinity8x3

Reaction score
This is huge in my book. Thank goodness for the atrix getting dev support and the X2 being able to share some of the love.

It's because they are both running the tegra 2 that they can share some exploits?

squeak

Reaction score
Is it way too early to cross my fingers for CM7?