email issues:fowarding attachments and email not syncing when in wifi mode

hawk1208

Reaction score
Picked up the Droid on Thursday. My two main issues are email problems. Its been reported that setting up an email that is not a gmail account takes extra step (I have a yahoo account) and I manage to get through that issue thanks to phandroid.com.

Issue 1 is that the phone or the android software (I don't know which to blame) wont foward any email attachments using an email other than gmail. I tried to forward a friend's powerpoint file and it did not forward.

Issue 2 is for some reason, when the phone is in Wifi mode, my yahoo mail account wont sync, it gives the user name and password error message. However, when I shut off wifi and go back to 3g mode, yahoo mail is in sync again. Anybody else having this problem.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
Picked up the Droid on Thursday. My two main issues are email problems. Its been reported that setting up an email that is not a gmail account takes extra step (I have a yahoo account) and I manage to get through that issue thanks to phandroid.com.

Issue 1 is that the phone or the android software (I don't know which to blame) wont foward any email attachments using an email other than gmail. I tried to forward a friend's powerpoint file and it did not forward.

Issue 2 is for some reason, when the phone is in Wifi mode, my yahoo mail account wont sync, it gives the user name and password error message. However, when I shut off wifi and go back to 3g mode, yahoo mail is in sync again. Anybody else having this problem.

i have had this problem too. Look for the K-9 mail app in the Android market it solved all my email forwarding problems and works flawlessly with yahoo.

Raj

Reaction score
eMail Syncing on WiFi

I have the same proble--my Yahoo! email won't sync on WiFi; works well on 3G. Any solution?