Extracting Baseband from sbf

drnoir

Reaction score
Well, I just recovered my bricked DroidX using the full 2.2.1 sbf from TBH. BUT, it screwed up my baseband, since I'm not on VZN and the harcoded data settings won't get me anywhere.

BUT I have a droid sbf file with the correct radio for my carrier. Ands, AFAIK, the radio on the Droid and DroidX are interchangeable. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this. I tried to flash the sbf to the phone, but it (expectedly) fails on start.

I can open the sbf file and get the smg and mbn files. Now, the question is, which one is the baseband?

I should be able to just extract that one smg and create an sbf to flash to the phone, right?

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Well, I just recovered my bricked DroidX using the full 2.2.1 sbf from TBH. BUT, it screwed up my baseband, since I'm not on VZN and the harcoded data settings won't get me anywhere.

BUT I have a droid sbf file with the correct radio for my carrier. Ands, AFAIK, the radio on the Droid and DroidX are interchangeable. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this. I tried to flash the sbf to the phone, but it (expectedly) fails on start.

I can open the sbf file and get the smg and mbn files. Now, the question is, which one is the baseband?

I should be able to just extract that one smg and create an sbf to flash to the phone, right?

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

OP
D

drnoir

Reaction score

A bit sparse for my taste, but thanks for the answer anyway.

From what I read of that post, the baseband you posted is just the VZN baseband with a few tweaks, correct?

I ask because what I need is a baseband that is NOT from VZN, since they hardcode the domain for the data users in the baseband and my carrier uses different values from theirs. Also, the baseband I have is already BP_C_1.09.07P

sephtin

Reaction score

A bit sparse for my taste, but thanks for the answer anyway.

From what I read of that post, the baseband you posted is just the VZN baseband with a few tweaks, correct?

I ask because what I need is a baseband that is NOT from VZN, since they hardcode the domain for the data users in the baseband and my carrier uses different values from theirs. Also, the baseband I have is already BP_C_1.09.07P

I did slightly misunderstand exactly what it is you're looking for.. but I figured if this wouldn't do, that you could perhaps deduce what you needed based on the included files.

NO CLUE regarding non-verizon DroidX.. Sorry :(

darkwolf

Reaction score
I also need an unlocked baseband for Non-Verizon users. Anyone?