Factory Reset Droid Bionic

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to do a factory reset on my Droid Bionic as I might be selling it to someone.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how best to accomplish this?

Thanks!

gsDroid

Reaction score
Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset will remove all personal information from your phone. If you have rooted and flashed any manual updates or used the cheesecake app, you might want to revert back to an OTA update path for the new owner.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Easy, just hit menu, go to settings, privacy, and it'll be last on the list. Also consider formatting your internal hard drive and obviously the SD card if you have anything on there.

OP
W

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
you might want to revert back to an OTA update path for the new owner.

I did root, but did not install any roms or anything. Would I need to do anything regarding the OTA update path?

Thanks for your help.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
No, and you can do the reset while rooted, should hold root if the other person wants a rooted phone.

OP
W

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
Easy, just hit menu, go to settings, privacy, and it'll be last on the list. Also consider formatting your internal hard drive and obviously the SD card if you have anything on there.

I know how to format the SD card, but what about the internal hard drive? How would I do that?

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I really appreciate it.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
When you do the factory reset just check both internal storage and SD card. Also if there is any data you wish to save on your next phone you can copy those files via USB to your computer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I know how to format the SD card, but what about the internal hard drive? How would I do that?

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I really appreciate it.

Menu, settings, Storage, and you'll see the option to format both the SD card and the internal storage. But this can't be reversed so make sure you've got everything.

OP
W

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
Thanks so much for everyone's help on this. I was able to get everything to work out. Thanks again.