Flexible Folding Samsung Tablet Concept Rendered From Patent Filing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-flex-tablet-render.jpg

It's amazing what a truly talented digital artist can come up with sometimes. The above pic is a concept render of a device idea that Samsung patented not too long ago. The idea is a flexible tablet whose bottom portion folds to create a stand and keyboard. Below is the picture from Samsung's patent filing to show you a good comparison. Here are the supposed specs of the device:
  • Flexible AMOLED screen
  • 1920X1080 pixels
  • 10.1 inch
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 32 GB internal memory
  • Expandable up to 64 GB
  • 1.6 GHz Exynos 5 Octa processor
  • 3 megapixel front camera
  • 8000 mAh battery

Patent-flexible-tablet-Samsung.jpg

There is no word on if this leaked render is actually "official," or is simply a fan's production, although there was some additional info shared with this render suggesting it might be something in the production stages right now.

Source: PhoneArena

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple doesn't already have a patent on it or will they wait until it comes to fruition and then claim they patented flexibility?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple should definitely patent their ability to be "flexible" with the law and the court system. Sorry... couldn't resist the joke. :)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I need to start patenting my daydreams. I thought of this very thing maybe a few months back when Windows 8 first came out. I envisioned the display folding into a touch keyboard, and it being an AIO unit. Goes to show you your thoughts are not as unique as you think!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks kind of tiny for a keyboard to my liking. I also wonder how well it would work - if the angle isn't adjustable it could be a huge fail.

Personally I think the Thinkpad Twist is where it's at. But convertibles still present some tough trade-offs (battery life, weight, thickness) vs. a pure tablet. And for the same price you can get a similar ultrabook PLUS tablet.

And I'm still waiting for the device that runs both Android and Windows.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think it looks ridiculous. LAME comes to my mind. This is just an example of "doing something because we can, not because we need to".
What benefit does this bring?