Focused to stock

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Hey everybody, got a quick question just in case I ever need to do this. Before flashing rubix I did a clock work backup of my stock rom, if I need to go back to that for say warranty issues or such, which part of that backup should I flash? The backup folder has android secure, cache, data, nandroid, and system in it. Or do I do them all?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey everybody, got a quick question just in case I ever need to do this. Before flashing rubix I did a clock work backup of my stock rom, if I need to go back to that for say warranty issues or such, which part of that backup should I flash? The backup folder has android secure, cache, data, nandroid, and system in it. Or do I do them all?

Safest bet would be to just restore all. Then after stock is back up and running, un-root it before you hand it over.

You could also grab the maderstock zip file and flash that before any warranty junk, that'll take you back to pure stock as if you just bought the device and did nothing besides install the ota updates.

Before you do any of that, use something like Titanium backup to backup all your apps, then copy the contents of your sd card to a pc somewhere. So when you get a replacement or whatever it is, you can be up and running very quickly.

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Should I do them in any order or is there a way to flash them all at once?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Should I do them in any order or is there a way to flash them all at once?

I think the default restore just does all of them at once. In order to do one at a time, you have to do an advanced restore. So in clockwork, just pick 'restore', then select your backup and go.

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Ok, thanks I was under the impression I had to use the choose zip from sd card and choose my backup.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, thanks I was under the impression I had to use the choose zip from sd card and choose my backup.

Nope, if you reboot into clockwork, you'll have an option of backup/restore (something similar to that), and a sub-menu off of that to restore or advance restore. Restore does everything from the selected "backup".

There are apps, like rom manager, I believe, that'll let you do most clockwork function via gui while your phone is running normally (not in clockwork), but I never use them, so I'm not 100% sure of the options available.

turdbogls

Reaction score

nope,
boot into clockwork
choose backup/restore
restore
select your backup (i would us a file explorer to rename your backup so you know for sure you are flashing the stock ROM)
and let it work its magic.

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Alright I appreciate it y'all.

jonwgee

Reaction score
If you want to flash back to stock, you can get the Team Black Hat app from the market and download the DX MONSTER 2.3.340 updater.zip and flash that in clockwork. One step process, and cleaner than maderstcok, who put his app together from TBH's files anyway.