Folder Data

topster

Reaction score
Have my Droid hooked up via USB to PC. I see both device and SD card. I see the folders on device and also on the sd card. I cannot see ANY info in ANY folder. I know I have pics in camera and DCIm folders and want to download them from phone. What am I doing wrong? HAve USB debugging set. Phone works with no problems at all. I can see all photos and videos. When hooked up to PC, cannot see anything in any folder on phone.
Thanks for any and all help.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Sorry but it sounds in the first part of you post that you can't see them from the PC then it sounds like you can't see them on the phone but it also sounds like you see them somewhere. Where am I confused?

btw: I have a link below with lots of ways to transfer files back and forth from a PC.

OP
T

topster

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Sorry but it sounds in the first part of you post that you can't see them from the PC then it sounds like you can't see them on the phone but it also sounds like you see them somewhere. Where am I confused?

btw: I have a link below with lots of ways to transfer files back and forth from a PC.

Guess I should have made myself clearer. I can see everything on my Droid in all folders with no problems. It is only when I cannoct to my PC running latest XP that I can't see anything inside the folders on the PC. It seemed to have worked a while ago, but doesn't now so I suspect some type of software problem. I have current software on Droid. Maybe last upgrade screwed the pooch?
Thanks for the help and any info you can give me. At 73, not really a big smart phone user.... HAHAHA

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have the most recent Motorola Device Manager installed on your PC? That should contain the drivers that your computer needs to access the phone. Also, I read somewhere once (don't remember where though) that is USB Debugging mode is on, you might not be able to see folders on your phone when connected to a PC. have you tried turning USB debugging off & then connect?

OP
T

topster

Reaction score
Do you have the most recent Motorola Device Manager installed on your PC? That should contain the drivers that your computer needs to access the phone. Also, I read somewhere once (don't remember where though) that is USB Debugging mode is on, you might not be able to see folders on your phone when connected to a PC. have you tried turning USB debugging off & then connect?

Found out it is something on my XP system computer. MDM and USB cable work ok on another Windows 7 computer, so it is a PC with a problem. Thanks for the help, I did install WiFiExplorer and that works great. Thanks again.