Force quits, blank SD card...phone dying?

hbar98

Reaction score
So, like the title says, I'm having some issues...

DX, running GB 573, no OC. For a bit the phone has been acting "off". Random slowdowns. Several force quits. Last night I tried to copy a file from the computer to the phone and it took a long time.

Late last night I get the "SD Card is Blank or Unsupported Format". Reseated the card, nothing...tried to format the card in the phone...nada. Came home and tried to read the card directly on my computer...nope.

Replaced the stock 16gb card with a spare 4gb, and the phone feels faster, but I'm still getting force quits (especially with ADW launcher).

Anything else I can do to see if my phone is dying or just have a bad install of something?? I mean, the stock card is already fried, I don't want to fry more.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
That's experimental Gingerbread for ya... I downgraded back to Froyo because GB just isn't "baked" enough for me just yet... Everything that happened to you happened to me, except the SD Card thing, but that's relatively normal, especially for a relatively unstable ROM. Perhaps the phone reset while it was checking the SD Card or something, it rarely happens but the SD Card can screw up in a perfectly fine (hardware wise) phone.

Good luck.

OP
H

hbar98

Reaction score
From doing a quick search it sounds like this has been happening to several people, even without running GB. Anywho, it turned out to be a moot issue. I took the phone back to the store, explained to the nice man that the SD card went out, and he replaced it for me with a 16GB class 4 card!

Nivek

Reaction score
You got lucky. Thee are not suppose to do that anymore. The exact same thing happened to me and i'm waiting on Motorola to send me a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX

umpire.20

Reaction score
From doing a quick search it sounds like this has been happening to several people, even without running GB. Anywho, it turned out to be a moot issue. I took the phone back to the store, explained to the nice man that the SD card went out, and he replaced it for me with a 16GB class 4 card!

The guy in my Verizon store said they'd replace the card if it was 90 days or less old. The major problem here is "getting your data back". Whether it is applications, music, pictures etc. What happens to one's data when the card suddenly stops working? :cus: My best guess is ....... gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!