Galaxy Note 3 First Unboxing Video and Hands On Video

Wrong with it? Nothing. I just have a technology addiction, so I sold that to fund the purchase of the Note 3. Timing just didn't line up perfectly so had to go back to the Droid Pro for a couple days.

That's why I wait until I have the new phone in hand. Helps when you can skip the withdrawal symptoms lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Well today was the glorious day. Just going a day and a half using that Droid Pro was terrible. First person in the door this morning and after finally being able to really use it after work I have to say, this phone is pretty amazing.

It takes all of the great things about the Galaxy S4 and puts them on steroids. RAM, screen, battery, weight, all perfect.

Even managed to go back into the store later on and get them to honor the Verizon30 code so I got the phone for $210. After selling my S4 for $370, so I call that a win for me, plus my Samsung car mount fits the Note 3 too.

So quick impressions from some time with the device in-store.

1) The weight and feel in the hand is perfect. I was quite surprised that they got it so spot on.
2) With the right apps the stylus is a huge plus over other devices. They definitely need to incorporate it with the S5 the way the renders showed for those who want the functionality but just don't want the Note's size.
3) Very smooth overall. The only app that had issues was one that I believe was an addition by VZ, though perhaps a reset would have fixed the issues.
4) Great screen overall. The One edged it out slightly to my eyes, but both devices were noticeably clearer than the iPhone 5 and 5s when rendering high contrast, detailed videos. The Note 3 may be a tiny bit oversaturated, but nothing horrible.
5) I like the white version a little better, but it is slippery and then some. Both have the faux leather back, but for whatever reason as mentioned by others the white version has almost no grip in the hand.
6) Also surprisingly, even with the overall footprint it worked well in my pocked. I happened to have on new jeans today and even though they weren't broken in I didn't have any problems moving around.

I'm probably going to hold out and see what is mentioned in terms of the One Max in the next week or so, but this is going to be my next phone if the Max falls short, and may be anyway. The speakers on the One are definitely a huge selling point, and the build quality is top notch.

Back