Gmail contacts problem with editing a phone number

zillah

Reaction score
Dear Experts

I have attached two snapshots for one contact of my Samsung galaxy S3 LTE version,,,,

For a contact I have tow entries for a Mobile number and they are same therefore i tried to click to edit button to remove on of them since it is redundant (please see the attachment named : "Before press on edit button"

After I clicked on edit button it didn't show two numbers , it shows only one (please see the attachment named : "After press on edit button" ,,,,why !!!!

And I have this issue for many other contacts

Thanks

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
under "connection it shows G for google and T for? possibly whatever that T represents cant be edited and only the google one can. just a thought.

OP
Z

zillah

Reaction score
under "connection it shows G for google and T for ?
If a user has a tango account it shows letter T,,,,,if he/she has a whatsapp account it shows me a handset icon ( not letter)
Regards

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
If a user has a tango account it shows letter T,,,,,if he/she has a whatsapp account it shows me a handset icon ( not letter)
Regards

i dont know anything about tango, is it possible thats where the duplicate number is coming from that cant be edited?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Regards

or are all the duplicates you referred to also associated with this tango account?

OP
Z

zillah

Reaction score
or are all the duplicates you referred to also associated with this tango account?
Some of them have tango and whatsapp and fring ,,,,,some of them has tango and whatsapp accounts only

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Some of them have tango and whatsapp and fring ,,,,,some of them has tango and whatsapp accounts only

maybe im barking up the wrong tree, but it seems like tango is the common denominator of these duplicates. i could be wrong.

OP
Z

zillah

Reaction score
maybe im barking up the wrong tree, but it seems like tango is the common denominator of these duplicates. i could be wrong.
You are right ,,,,when I clicked on the chain icon as in the snapshot below that fixed the problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for your tip

http://i59.tinypic.com/20hu4ih.png

20hu4ih.png