Google Calendar quit working overnight

blferg

Reaction score
Help! My LG Ally was synced to the google calendar on my apple laptop. I was able to see the entire calendar on the laptop. Now I can only see it on my phone. When I click on my google calendar all it takes me to is a generic calendar with none of my events listed. This all happened overnight. How do I fix it?

artmanphoto

Reaction score
This happened to me on June 20th. According to the Google Calendar help page which is actually no help at all, Google support is aware of this and is supposedly working on a fix. I am not hopeful.

This is happening to alot of users. Do a web search and you will find that this has been happening for at least the last year. Really strange - my wife and daughter's Google calendar is OK - but mine is not.

All of my previous events are still visible but as of June 20th all events after that date is lost. I know that the data is still on the Google servers as my Droid X calendar still works.

This morning I discovered Yahoo calendar which I am thinking about retyping all of the events into. Only negative is that currently there are no Android app (I think) to sync the Yahoo calendar to your phone. Yahoo is working on an Android app according to their page.

This whole Google thing is incredibly frustrating as there is absolutely no support.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Help! My LG Ally was synced to the google calendar on my apple laptop. I was able to see the entire calendar on the laptop. Now I can only see it on my phone. When I click on my google calendar all it takes me to is a generic calendar with none of my events listed. This all happened overnight. How do I fix it?

Well, it's not a "common" event, I've never heard of it. Did you sync your Google calendar to your iCal? If you did, iCal will sync then information back to Google calendar.

artmanphoto

Reaction score

Well, it's not a "common" event, I've never heard of it. Did you sync your Google calendar to your iCal? If you did, iCal will sync then information back to Google calendar.

What is iCal? Is that the iPhone calendar? Does an Adroid phone (Droid X, etc.) have iCal?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What is iCal? Is that the iPhone calendar? Does an Adroid phone (Droid X, etc.) have iCal?

Thanks!

Well, I can't say for certain your lap top has it but iCal is an app. It's usually right there on the dock, if not it would be in your finder on your Apple lap top.

The way I have mine set up is that iCal syncs with Google Calendar and of course Google Calendar syncs with the phone. Even if I use the calendar on my iPad it will all sync but I do have to plug into iTunes for that to work.