Google Music No Longer Working

grhomes

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just upgraded to LGB V0.9 from V0.8 and have lost google music streaming in the process. I have disabled ad blocking in the toolbox (meaning I have enabled ads) because I knew that was an issue at one point or another. Wiped the cache multiple times to no avail, and have now done a factory reset. Still does not work. Can anyone reproduce this issue? It was working fine in 0.8, might just have to go back...

Thoughts?

droidony

Reaction score
Does the music on the Google cloud display? I have had several issues after installing Google music after a new rom or rebuild where it doesn't connect. i fix that issues by running the fix permissions, disabling ad's then using my sync all cmd. that fix's the issue every time. if you can see your music and its not playing try to fix permission and reboot.

joekr

Reaction score
Google Music force closes when I attempt to play music from the cloud. This happens both while on 3G and WiFi. I can view the music stored on the cloud, and I can play music stored on the SD card.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

droidony

Reaction score
disable ad's and run fix permissions. this is all within the liberty tool box, reboot and you should be fine.

mrjosesanchez87

Reaction score
I also am having this problem! Anyone get it fixed yet? I tried the fix permission and enabling ads and reboot but still get FC. Any other suggestions?

Droid 2!

demandred

Reaction score
Hey all. I am having the same issue. Google Music force closes for me as soon as I attempt to play music over 3g or wifi.

If worked fine for me yesterday on 0.7. I upgraded today to 0.9 and could not get it to work. I thought maybe there was a bug so I went back to 0.7 and same thing. Force close every time.

I tried fixing permissions and diabling ads and that did not help. I have reloaded the app, rebooted. Still nothing. Anyone have any other ideas?

UPDATE: So here is my problem now...after re-installing Google Music the 'settings' button does not appear. I only get the Shuffle all and Search buttons. Very strange. Any ideas?

droidony

Reaction score
to answer your question try to reboot your phone after you install google music. once you reboot open up google music and it should prompt u to link your google account. i have had that issues with .9 and it required me to uninstall and reinstall a few times and reboot after each time to see if it allowed me to link my account.

for all of the force closed users. I began getting the same issues a few weeks ago. i tried to fix it to no avail. i ended up just dling the songs i wanted to hear to the phone which defeats the purpose of gmusic. but i have found a fix. dl adfree and hit update host reboot. if you like you can uninstall adfree because the hosts files already been edited.

Aalina

Reaction score
not to worry dear may during updation some files left missing. or may be corrupted . reinstall it and then try it