Got Lollipop from Verizon on my Moto X today

BigOrangeDroid

Reaction score
OK, so I have the old original Moto X, and only today did Verizon make the update available. Took a long time to download, as expected, it is the whole OS after all, and all or most of the apps needed to update too. So much activity was going on all at once after the update was applied that the phone was v-e-r-y s-l-o-w no matter what you tried to do. And many of my apps would freeze during updates.

But by patiently rebooting, manually updating the freezy apps one at a time, it all finished and now I like it very much.

Just making this post to offer a little encouragement to all who may be experiencing the same problems.

And now of course, since Marshmallow is around the corner, I wonder when Google + Verizon will have that ready for the Moto X (original) ?!?!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
And now of course, since Marshmallow is around the corner, I wonder when Google + Verizon will have that ready for the Moto X (original) ?!?!

I wouldn't hold your breath on that...given it took this long for the original X to get Lollipop and the device's age, I seriously doubt Verizon will go forward with any further OS updates for it. Motorola too for that matter since they were apparently having a hard time getting L onto the device in the first place...hence the major delay.

Kenneth-Hall

Reaction score
I have been using Motorola Moto X for about two years, it was working well but nowadays it works slow, sometimes it's hanged while I am watching videos on YouTube.