GPS - sometimes slow to find satellite

trale

Reaction score
I have a very a temperamental GPS link. Sometimes it obtains satellite lock quickly, and other times it just sits on the "Searching for GPS..." message forever.

I'll be on the streets with no obstructions and it still does not lock onto a GPS in a reasonable time. My Garmin Nuvi will always obtain a lock in about 30 seconds.

Sometimes I try reboot and then GPS does obtain lock, but it would royally suck if I had to do this every time I have a slow GPS link.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

dtsig

Reaction score
I have always found it takes a minute or so to find me. GPS TEST takes longer ... not sure why but there you go.

Although it is cute i don't really see this as a replacement for a nice Garmin or Tom Tom

kevinkar

Reaction score
I've seen it work and not work on the Droid X and several Garmin units. It's the nature of the beast and I don't think you'll see it work perfectly every time even when out in the open. Sometimes it just takes a while to acquire and analyze the data.

A lot of times it has to do with the amount of time since the last acquisition - the device thinks it knows where/what satellites are there but it is wrong and needs to download a new set of what's where. That can take some time regardless of device, even the pure GPS devices like Garmin's.

I don't think there's a problem with your phone.