HD Station - How to turn off the phone display?

mg1959

Reaction score
When using the HD Station with a Droid Bionic, is it possible to turn off the phone display? It seems like a burden on the display to stay there in bedside mode with the clock display. The phone gets warm from a combination of charging and the display light. Is there a way to turn the phone display off while it is docked?

Thanks and best regards.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Have you tried just hitting lock button. that's what I do on my standard dock and it shouldn't effect mirroring either if you are.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

OP
M

mg1959

Reaction score
If that's all it takes then I will swat myself in the back of the head!

Thanks 2THEXTRM.

OP
M

mg1959

Reaction score
No, the lock button shuts down the webtop image on the monitor. I do appreciate the suggestion!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
It was worth the try, someone here has had the same issue and figured out by now you would think. I plan on ordering one so will be watching for the answer

OP
M

mg1959

Reaction score
I work from my basement on corporate servers and I have a 4 monitor setup. I have been using this HD Station on one of the monitors and it works great. I just wish that I could give the phone display a break.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Sounds like we have the same type of job, I use my vizio tablet in the same way so my Bionic is free to do my bidding:)

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
has anybody tried the "stay awake" button in applications developement... just thinking out loud because i'm not near my dock... mine is clicked to stay awake while charging but i wonder if i deselected that... would the display timeout or at least go into that super dim bedside mode like the old clock display did... i'll try that in a couple hours and see what happens unless you guys already got an answer

OP
M

mg1959

Reaction score
That was a good thought b00mb00mchuck. I checked my "stay awake" setting under applications>development, and it is de-selected. Just the same I will mess with this setting and see if it changes the stay on all the time thing. Thanks.