Help with Clean tool script

If it's the standard network bootloop, have you tried the bootloop fix?

Standard network bootloop? No, I haven't even heard of it. (Did I mention that I'm a total newbie? :) )

My bootloop thing was not a fluke. I just re-debloated most and adblocked on my clean nand restored phone after the experiments of last night. Bootloop on a hard power switch power cycle. This was after I'd done the same power cycle thing successfully just prior to the re-debloating and adblocking action.

I'll look for something on the network bootloop thing via the forum search.

Thanks again!

cheers,
john

If it's the standard network bootloop, have you tried the bootloop fix?

Egads, that was it! I don't know about the details of the bug, but I live outside of a 4g coverage area, and have the habit of turning it off by default. Once I turned them on, I retried my mods to your script and my phone now reboots correctly after doing the de-bloat/adblock things.

Many thanks again!

cheers,
john

Egads, that was it! I don't know about the details of the bug, but I live outside of a 4g coverage area, and have the habit of turning it off by default. Once I turned them on, I retried my mods to your script and my phone now reboots correctly after doing the de-bloat/adblock things.

Many thanks again!

cheers,
john

Glad I could help.

Hey peeps...

I've been using CleanTool v1.1 for a while now - never had an issue using it the first time around but now I'm in a jam.... I did have to do a factory reset on my phone yesterday (because an app I installed effed with my 4g) and tried to use the
CleanTool to debloat my phone again and it goes through the normal wiping what it needs to wipe and whatnot but none of the bloat is gone when finished... I upgraded to v2.1.1 and tried it that way to no avail.

I did notice that on the DOS screen when the scripts are doing their thing, instead of the norm that I'm used to seeing it shows KILLING in front of the scripts... never saw that the first go'round... I'll attach pics if the site here will let me.. I never had this issue the first time I used the CleanTool script... I'm confrused :)

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for all your help!!

View attachment 48823
View attachment 48824

It looks like you're not getting through to the phone. If you notice there's a few "read only file system" errors. SuperUser is not being pushed. If you got the OTA from January, then CleanTool doesn't work anymore for temp root. You need to unlock and use real root, then CleanTool will work again.

It looks like you're not getting through to the phone. If you notice there's a few "read only file system" errors. SuperUser is not being pushed. If you got the OTA from January, then CleanTool doesn't work anymore for temp root. You need to unlock and use real root, then CleanTool will work again.

That's what I was afraid of. Poop. Okay, thank you!! I'll have to use some of those helpful links you have in your sig ;) Thanks again.

Back