Help!

fowlish

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about rooting with 2.3.4 yet? I just got my upgrade from Verizon, and it automatically updated itself to 2.3.4. Can anyone tell me how to root? Thanks for your time.

First, thanks for responding. I appreciate it. I am kind of a noob, what does rent an XTC Clip mean?

Keep in mind the XTC clip cannot be undone, so you may find that waiting until Revolutionary is updated is a better answer. I was stuck at 2.3.3 with no root in the same situation and I just threw Go Launcher on there and was happy. Not as happy as S-Off, but still very happy. I am sure Revolutionary will find/release an exploit for this version. They only took about a month for the last version, but they bundled it with a lot of other releases. Let's hope. :)

Same here stuck with 2.3.3 for about a month. Then waited another couple of weeks just to make sure I could make time to do it.
lol I didn't wait like you. I was in irc with the devs the minute it came out because I tried it and there was a bug. Posted the issue and was fixed in minutes and I was rooted in about 10 min (had to install CWM and SU manually). I have a specific app that I missed a lot that uses root, which was why I wanted root. Did I need it? No, but why not? I have not owned a phone I didn't hack or modify in some way since probably 2002.

Back