How do I completely wipe phone

Marklar45

Reaction score
I just got the JB update today and alot of programs no longer work I try to start motocast and it will say
this program has crashed and it happens on several apps. I have done the reset in the privacy menu and
did the hard reset from the boot menu but it still has the same issue. I do see that there is old program
folders and data on the internal storage that I haven't used since I did the reset so I know its not getting
rid of all the old data. So my question is how do I completely wipe the internal memory and go back to a
totally stock rom?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Always a great idea to do a clean install with every upgrade anyway to do exactly what you're doing...get rid of conflicts from remnants left behind. But I think motocast is no longer supported in JB. I may be wrong because I don't use it or maybe it works differently in JB (maybe someone who knows for certain can chime in). Just wanted to prepare you that a wipe may not fix motocast if it's no longer supported.

Onto how to do a complete wipe (or a factory data reset). The easiest way is to go to your phone settings, then privacy and the option will be there.

It is a good idea to back up before you do. As a guide for ideas when backing up and restoring before doing an fdr see: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

I also copy my internal and external sdcards onto my pc for extra safety (just in case I miss something backing up and find I want it back). It takes a while to do and to save time, could copy the internal sdcard (because that will get wiped) and wait on the external one (because that one won't get wiped unless you include it in the fdr and you can remove it before doing the fdr for extra protection).

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2