How do I prepare to switch rooted droid.

bizlady2011

Reaction score
The charger port and casing is broken on my current Moto Droid Global. I have a brand new phone (same model) now through my insurance.

Since my current phone is rooted... what do I need to do in order to prepare for the switch:

What is the best back up?

How do I keep my apps?

I need a plan... please help... I am afraid to make the switch because I don't want to lose anything!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Assuming you use Titanium Backup, you can just use your old SD card with the new phone, TB should recognize the backup folder on the SD card. If not, check under preferences, Backup settings, and Backup folder location. Hit detect, and the folder should pop up. Restart TB, and the backups of the apps should appear.

WrightPC

Reaction score
After you link your gmail account to the new phone it will start installing your apps the first time you open the market app. Your contacts should be synced to your gmail account and will restore as soon as the first sync completes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Dfit18

Reaction score
Couldn't you also create a nanroid on your old phone, then take the sd card out, root your new phone then restore the previous back up?

Snow02

Reaction score
Couldn't you also create a nanroid on your old phone, then take the sd card out, root your new phone then restore the previous back up?

Yes. That is ideal for a replacement swap.