How do i unlock a verizon droid 3

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
Bought from ebay. It say it was unlocked but guess what it did not. I have tried online services but seems verizon has changed the codes. I am not a verizon customer so I cannot get one yhe only way would be adding to a verizon account and get the code. I will gladly pay if necessary. thanks

nu2droid

Reaction score
If you talking about unlocking it to go to a different network, I believe all you need to do is call verizon. Advise them you will be overseas and they should give it to you.
I do not know that from experience, I read it in multiple forums.
Hope it helps. Enjoy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
L

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
The problem is
1 I am not verizon customer.
2 i am in colombia right now

Yes I want to use it in a Movistar GSM network.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Oh.
Maybe try calling the 800 # and still ask them. What's the worst they can say... no.
I have heard it work for others... just sayin

OP
L

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
It seems the only way is by Verizon. Or wait until new codes are released I cannot do it but I will give all the info to someone who has a Verizon account activate the phone and get the code. I will pay 25 bucks if anyone is interested please pm me

OP
L

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
No luck in the other post either

nu2droid

Reaction score
I googled "unlock droid 3 sims card" and found mulitple sites that claim to sell you the code. Along with someone on ebay.
don't know if its legit though..
good luck

OP
L

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
I googled "unlock droid 3 sims card" and found mulitple sites that claim to sell you the code. Along with someone on ebay.
don't know if its legit though..
good luck

I tried multiples of them. They got the original Motorola codes. But Verizon is changing the codes and replacing the original ones with their owns.

That is why I am asking somebody to help me including my phone momentary in their Verizon account get the code and them put their original phone back into the account. I will gladly pay by Paypal to someone who can help me. Right now I am in Colombia so I cannot do it from here. I will send all the phone information and stuff i guess it will take less than one hour.

OP
L

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
I got a code from verizon but they asked me for the meid hex not the imei and the code does not work.does the phone has to be phisically in the us to be unlocked?