How to bypass Activate your Phone screen?

BadCartoons69

Reaction score
I did a factory reset on my phone just because i wanted to start out fresh. Now when i turn on my phone it asks me to select my language and then it tells me to activate my phone. I don't want to activate my phone. How can i bypass this!? I have an Android Vortex. Please help!

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is the SIM card in? Try taking it out and then see if it asks to activate.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
On the OG Droid you could: touch top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left of the screen in a clockwise motion on the Android setup screen to bypass activation. Not sure if it works for other Android phones.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I also want to know this.
I have an old Droid2 that I just want to try to use on WIFI around the house, as an alarm clock, etc.
I did a factory reset and it wants me to activate it, which I obviously don't want to do as I use a Rezound now.

Travis798

Reaction score
I know on my droid x2 you pulled the battery, plugged the phone in to let it power on, and as soon as the android popped up on the screen you gave it a quick tap. You had to be quick though. I don't know if that method would work for your phone or not however.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tap on the corners start at the top right, then the bottom right, bottom left, top left.

If that's not it, just start at different corners and move clock wise.

This works on motos.. idk if it will work for your device.