How to ruin a perfectly good S5 (hint - Lollipop)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I didn't put KitKat back on my S5. I rooted it while on KitKat and have left it there. Unfortunately there is no way to return to 4.4 without bricking your device. You may find instructions online, but I can't comfortably point you to one because more people have bricked their device than have had success. Especially if you're on a Verizon S5 with anything over 5.0.
Sorry!

S5 tap'n

drunkclever

Reaction score
im in some trouble. I upgraded a few days ago. all the sudden some app and stuff were acting all weird and slow. i decided to do a FDR.. now phone is stuck on the verizon logo and im stuck searching for a way to get it working again. im thinking if i had the firmware... ive searched every where... im lost.

ive done it before... and now i have to do it again. i should have saved the files.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You can get the firmware from Sammobile but we're going to need a little more information first. What model S5 do you have? Carrier? Stock/rooted? Is it running KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow? What was the name of the app that started giving you problems?

S5 tap'n