HTC One M8 Prime to Include Water-resistant Design and Exotic Materials

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-M8-Google-Play-Edition.jpg

Not to be outdone by Samsung, HTC is also rumored to release a premium version of the HTC One M8. According to the latest intel, this HTC One M8 Prime will include a water-resistant design. It will also supposedly showcase some exotic materials which will be "a composite of aluminum and liquid silicone.” Here's a refresh of the rest of the internals for the as-yet-unannounced device,

• 5.5-inch Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) display
  • Quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 processor
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Support for LTE-A Cat. 6
We will keep you updated with any new intel as it arrives. What do you guys think of this new trend by smartphone OEMs to release "premium" versions of their devices?

Source: PhoneArena

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Waterproof you say? :cool-b:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I see this whole smartphone "arms race" developing into something that makes them care about the outside as much as the inside. We are ALL winning. Combine that with off contract pricing pressure from companies like Oppo, Motorola, and One Plus, the price for your next "Nerd-Ferrari" is only going to get cheaper.

I like this but I still like the Sony Z2. Right now it's my most anticipated device.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I like this but I still like the Sony Z2. Right now it's my most anticipated device.

Z2 was in the front running for me as well and I will probably get it if it comes to VZW but I heard that only an unlocked version is coming stateside...

c.r.ayala

Reaction score

I was on the same boat as you. For me it was whichever got released stateside first between the LG g3 or the Sony xperia z2.. But now the HTC m8 prime is also on that list if these leaked specs remain true. First one available is mine! My Galaxy nexus is on its last leg..

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'm curious to find out just how big this thing is physically.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a frickin' rectangle... You want to benefit the consumer, how about lowering the price instead of gouging us with useless gimmicks.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
How big a battery we talking with this type of size? If it's under 3500 mAh no thank you with HD screen at that size.

Joseph

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Droid Forums