Htc one m8 rooting question

CEVNO

Reaction score
I have the htc one m8 on Verizon have installed weak sauce,supersu and titanium backup. Question is every time i shut my phone off and turn it back on its not rooted but if i go to weak sauce again and accept root then my phone is rooted again is this normal or have i missed something? Thanks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
To the best of my knowledge, Weak Sauce is compatible with the M8. Do you have any info that it is?

EDIT:

I have done some research. Seems this method unroots on reboot and you need to run the app again.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yup. That's correct. It's designed for use if you need root, then you reboot and it's back to normal.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I recently unlocked the bootloader on AT&T version ..I'm thinking the same is available for Verizon varriant..I did use weaksauce last night but only to s-off after the boot unlock ..

M8 tap'd

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
S off isn't available on the newest update. I was just talking to a few Devs on the hive about this. Root is available but s off isn't.

Here is the quote. " Root is but soff is a no go with hboot 1.57 and the new base/firmware.

Hboot 1.56 and lower can be s-off. Not sure on the fw so do ur homework."

Sent from my DE Moto X

Eriram

Reaction score
What would the suggestion be if I just wanted root access just to be able to use a wakelock detector and use something like greenify to improve battery use?

I'm guessing I would have to flash a ROM if I wanted to get the update Verizon hasn't given us yet, like access to Power Saver and Extreme Mode.