HTC Shows Samsung Isn't Only One with SW Innovations; Demos Blinkfeed in Promo Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;zPFoQ-I0oME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zPFoQ-I0oME[/video]​

HTC wants to make it clear that Samsung isn't the only company that can pack useful new software innovations in their devices. They just demonstrated their new Blinkfeed feature in a new promo video. Basically BlinkFeed, is a widget that summarizes your info feeds. The way HTC describes it, Blinkfeed is simply “all your favorite content streamed live onto one screen,” and as you will see in the video BlinkFeed is like everyone around you feeding you small bits of news or information.

Hmmm... sounds like an interesting concept, although it's really nothing too new. Perhaps HTC has simply packaged it in a better way. What do you guys think?

jerkwad

Reaction score
... Hmmm... sounds like an interesting concept, although it's really nothing too new. Perhaps HTC has simply packaged it in a better way. What do you guys think?

What do I think? I think it's nothing new and certainly doesn't rival anything that Samsung has introduced recently. HTC has already become irrelevant in this market. This just emphasizes the fact.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
As useless as most of Sammie's "innovations". So basically a ticker feed of what's going on in your life? Who needs this, people that can't be bothered to look at 2 or 3 widgets?

See, Apple doesnt bother with this garbage because they're the only phone with IOS, so they don't have to try to fraudulently differentiate.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
they call this innovation? they better stick to pushing ultrapixel camera and front mount speakers, at least that's something no other android phone can replicate with a swipe of a finger.

software innovation to me is the google's 360 panorama and gallery in jelly bean. blinkfeed is nothing new.

huskur

Reaction score
What do I think? I think it's nothing new and certainly doesn't rival anything that Samsung has introduced recently. HTC has already become irrelevant in this market. This just emphasizes the fact.

Exactly, to little to late.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Sounds like a basic widget any other dev could create... Doesn't sound too innovative to me.

And I'm sure a dev will see this, recreate it, make it better, offer it in the Store for free, and put HTC to shame because you'll be able to use it on any device, not just an HTC...

craigboy

Reaction score
Sounds like a basic widget any other dev could create... Doesn't sound too innovative to me.

And I'm sure a dev will see this, recreate it, make it better, offer it in the Store for free, and put HTC to shame because you'll be able to use it on any device, not just an HTC...

Exactly.... While Samsung seems to be adding actual value to the user experience (multitasking, s-pen, etc.)