I can't go home...

Beeftastic

Reaction score
I have ADW (not sure what version) installed on my Droid 1 and everything worked fine for 3 weeks or so. I woke up this morning and the lock screen shows, but when i slide to unlock the screen goes black and i get the 'Sorry!" box. It says, "The application ADW.Launcher(Process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I cant do anything from here. I hit force close and the box pops back up. I cant go to the settings page or the home button. I searched and Im not sure where to go from here. Any help?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Try booting into recovery, power the phone off (pull the bbattery if you have to), then slide the keyboard out. Hold down the 'x' key and power the phone back up. You should see a screen with an exclamation point inside a triangle. Press the volume up button and the camera button at the same time to get to the menu screen. There should be an option to do a factory data reset. That should fix you up.

There is also a way to boot your phone into 'safe mode' but I can't remember how. You might want to google that first and try it.

good luck

safe mode:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/4380-howto-droid-safe-mode.html

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you hit the menu softkey do you get an option to go into settings? If so, go into there and either uninstall ADW or set the stock launcher as default and try again.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
. . . no news must be good news? . . .