ID10T Error - I renamed framework-res.apk - Help :)

ipgenie

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm learning (at least that's the positive spin I'm putting on this)

Last night I unlocked and rooted my phone and used titanium to restore the apps and settings.
It worked great today until I decided to do something I haven't done before. I had an updated framework-res.apk that I wanted to put in the \system\framework folder.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep a copy of the original their so I thought I'd rename it before pasting the new file.
Well, I renamed it and Root Explorer crashed and would not open. The phone froze up so I pulled the battery and it won't boot up now.

I have a copy of the original file on my computer and on a microsd card, but I can't seem to find a way to copy it back to the phone. I already tried a factory reset, but of course that didn't solve the problem either.

Can someone explain how I can move the original file back to the \system\framework folder? I haven't used ADB before, and when I try adb devices it does not see the device connected. Please Help :)

Ok, so I'm learning (at least that's the positive spin I'm putting on this)

Last night I unlocked and rooted my phone and used titanium to restore the apps and settings.
It worked great today until I decided to do something I haven't done before. I had an updated framework-res.apk that I wanted to put in the \system\framework folder.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep a copy of the original their so I thought I'd rename it before pasting the new file.
Well, I renamed it and Root Explorer crashed and would not open. The phone froze up so I pulled the battery and it won't boot up now.

I have a copy of the original file on my computer and on a microsd card, but I can't seem to find a way to copy it back to the phone. I already tried a factory reset, but of course that didn't solve the problem either.

Can someone explain how I can move the original file back to the \system\framework folder? I haven't used ADB before, and when I try adb devices it does not see the device connected. Please Help :)

Boot into recovery, connect to your phone to the computer.
Open a command prompt
Change directory to wherever you have your framework-res backup
type "adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/"
Reboot phone.

Thanks for the help :)
I've been trying to do that, but the problem is that my computer (windows xp with Android SDK installed) does not seem to see a device connected.
When I run the adb push I get this: error:device not found
When booting the phone into recovery it starts with a green syncing type symbol and after a few seconds it has a red triangle and exclamation point.

In Device Manager it shows a USB Mass Storage Device when I connect the phone.

Ok, now I'm getting closer. I didn't realize that I had to install a recovery in order to use recovery :)
The red exclamation point is there
So I followed the instructions here: [Recovery]ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4[Updated 12.29.11]
and I now see a device connected in ADB.

I tried "adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/" but got "Failed to copy 'framework-res.apk' to '/system/framework/': Is a directory"

So I tried
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]"adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk" but it would just sort of hang forever. Once it gave me a protocol error and the phone went offline.

I finally just downloaded the BAMF Rezound ROM and figured I'd try flashing that. Now that it's finished I'm good to go again.
[/FONT]

Back