if only...

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I am looking for a replacement phone for my wifes Voyager, she is a big texter and frequently checks Facebook albeit using her PC more than the Voyager. This phone if priced right(has to be under $100 since it compares to the Eris) would be a nice choice as she loves a physical keyboard. Some concerns are why a lack of flash for the camera as this should be standard now, 3mp as well come on! Now what about Motorola not updating Blur to Android 2.0 yet? Will this phone be obsolete before it even hits the shelves??

Magdroid

Reaction score
IMO: It isn't a device made for the people who want the newest and the best. It is a device for someone who loves Social Networking (which motoblur does a GREAT job on). Like, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace. If that is what your wife likes to do, PLUS have a keyboard. This phone seems right for her. Another plus, it's in your price range! Now if you wanted one that won't be obsolete and have the extra $$$, then either wait for the Nexus 1 to hit Verizon (no physical keyboard), or get the Motorola Droid with the physical keyboard.

I am sure ALL of these phones will be a good replacement for her Voyager.

OP
FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Nexus 1 has no physical keyboard which she wants and i have a Droid and wouldn't subject her to the poor excuse of a keyboard it has....I suffered and tried to get use to it coming from my Voyager but to no avail. I now use Swype and haven't looked back...love my Droid and hate the keyboard. The Devour's keyboard looks 100 times better designed than the Droid and considering this phoen as a Calgary has been out before the Droid Motorola screwed up with the Droid.

Now Best Buy released the pricing on the Devour at $149!! What the hell is that about, no Android 2.0, no camera flash, a weak camera and now overpriced...good luck Verizon. AT&T released the pricing on the Backflip at $99, this has a flash and better camera so Verizon better rethink their pricing fast!

IMO: It isn't a device made for the people who want the newest and the best. It is a device for someone who loves Social Networking (which motoblur does a GREAT job on). Like, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace. If that is what your wife likes to do, PLUS have a keyboard. This phone seems right for her. Another plus, it's in your price range! Now if you wanted one that won't be obsolete and have the extra $$$, then either wait for the Nexus 1 to hit Verizon (no physical keyboard), or get the Motorola Droid with the physical keyboard.

I am sure ALL of these phones will be a good replacement for her Voyager.