im a newbie and wanna ask about root

wildan

Reaction score
Hello guys im so happy to be here and really grateful with it because i met with people whom really expert more way than me to help me with these gadget

For my really first time to have this (sgs3) and then everybody was always talking about ROOT. i wondering, what is it really use for? Should we root? Is it really neccessary for sgs3. Im really deeply needly pasionately need informations and answers for it. Thank you so mu

Sincerely your humble mate

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Welcome to the forum!!!!

First and foremost you need to learn what rooting is before deciding if you want to root or not. Not everybody needs to root. And don't let anyone tell your otherwise. Rooting is not a requirement. Rooting basically gives you administrative rights to your device allowing you to change and modify things that you wouldn't normally be able to. This can be a good thing and a bad thing. Change something that you shouldn't and you could end up bricking your phone.

The best advice I can offer is to read up on rooting to see if it is even for you. Then if you decide it is read more. After you are done reading read again. Have a full understanding of what you are doing and why you are doing it before you do it. And ask any questions no matter how trivial you think they are. It is easier to help you before you make a mistake than it is afterwards.

This would be a great place to start.

Galaxy S3 Development

johnd09

Reaction score
+1 again on what Garemlin said. Root gives you great power, but you have to use it wisely.

OP
W

wildan

Reaction score
Really thankful with it guys thanks a lot for the helps I will use more wisely than I used to. I hope this facility help me to be more develope than I uses to also. Hope for your educations more here thanks again hahaha

coltlacey

Reaction score
definitely be careful if you decide to root. its a great thing if you are going to make use of it! i like flashing custom roms to watch battery life, see what cool changes happen, see what all they include with the rom to customize, ect ect. its a blast. i am suppose to root a galaxy s2 and possibly an s3 tonight for a couple friends that want to learn and make better use of their phones. and if you arent happy with a rom or the gapps then try to post and say something about it. last night i found a supposed "update" package for my gapps on my xoom. after flashing google search kept FC (force closing) and in turn would keep closing out my browsers. also, facebook would FC when i would try to type a private message. so i went back into recovery and flashed back to the old one. remember to make backups!!! chances are you will always find a way to get back to what you had but still, for everyones sake, make backups lol. Must have root apps: CWM (clockworkmod) Root Explorer, Titanium Backup and a few others i cant recall but those are the few i use most frequently. Have a blast and welcome to the forum!!!