Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Dam I got some sweet pics of my car that I lost lol and dog. I wish there was some cracked program that would do this. Somebody needs to make one I know I would buy it

Did you try my suggestion 3 posts above?

OP
C

corrado_driver

Reaction score
Dang. I know you said you can't use software on pc, since the internal storage isn't seen but let's try something...

Open up settings->Storage and press menu button on bottom click USB Storage then select Camera PTP instead of MTP

5fK7W.png

What program did you try before? Give this one a shot. Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

I tried recovermyfiles, diskinternals disk recovery.

The problem is that computers dont assign the phone a drive letter so the programs dont see it. If I could see the phone recovermyfiles would work use it all the time for clients I'm a computer tech. I cant believe I was that dumb to delete the folder not just the pic. I did try changing this still dosnt show up as a drive on a mac, pc xp or win7

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I tried recovermyfiles, diskinternals disk recovery.

The problem is that computers dont assign the phone a drive letter so the programs dont see it. If I could see the phone recovermyfiles would work use it all the time for clients I'm a computer tech. I cant believe I was that dumb to delete the folder not just the pic. I did try changing this still dosnt show up as a drive on a mac, pc xp or win7

Since the phone doesn't assign a drive letter, the only way to recover may be to root and use root tools on the phone to gain access to the flash ram. There is the possibility that rooting will enable you to assign a drive letter and thereby allow a USB mount - but you may also need to flash a particular ROM that provides that functionality, however you probably know that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

alwerner

Reaction score
Google Plus?

Did you have auto-upload of pictures on Google+? If you did, then your pictures will be on Picasa Web/Google+. I found it yet another safeguard for pictures. You can configure it to upload only during WIFI and/or only when plugged in. Even if you don't use Google+, it's a good way to save your pictures.

OP
C

corrado_driver

Reaction score
Did you have auto-upload of pictures on Google+? If you did, then your pictures will be on Picasa Web/Google+. I found it yet another safeguard for pictures. You can configure it to upload only during WIFI and/or only when plugged in. Even if you don't use Google+, it's a good way to save your pictures.

just set that up now lol

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1

Did this since day one and set it on private so I can share when I want. One of the nicest features of G+.

Status
Not open for further replies.