In you guys' opinion, which version of CM7 is better and why?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I've been using the official nightlies, but have been hearing good things about CM4D2-GB by Rev. Except for the battery life, I'm quite happy with the nightlies. Is Rev's new Beta build all it's cracked up to be? Besides not having the 1% battery increments, but fully functional bluetooth voice dialing and alleged better battery life, what's so different or better about it than the nightlies? And will the official nightlies have a beta version or release candidate any time soon?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
The GB version is better. It has much better battery life(from what i have heard). I have it and have been getting GREAT battery life!

^^^^x2 battery life seems to be right on par with liberty to me, and cm7gb is smooth.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Battery life a definite improvement, on the gb and very smooth, only problem I had so far is the alt lock button not working

running cm7 gb its as smooth as butter and bluetooth is functional

Battery life a definite improvement, on the gb and very smooth, only problem I had so far is the alt lock button not working

running cm7 gb its as smooth as butter and bluetooth is functional

That's a problem with both versions, and it is not fixable because there is no way to map to that button in AOSP.

As noted, alt-lock will never work in either ROM.

CM7GB is where future development will focus, so I would recommend that ROM is the best bet for the long term.

As noted, alt-lock will never work in either ROM.

CM7GB is where future development will focus, so I would recommend that ROM is the best bet for the long term.

+1

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Back