Installed CWM Recovery on a locked bootloader. [AT&T GS4]

avetticaden2001

Reaction score
Okay. So I'm a total noob, and I installed ClockworkMod Recovery on my locked bootloader AT&T galaxy S4.
I figured out how to get past the "software not installed by AT&T has been found on your phone" error screen and the heart-attack-inducing bootloop, and went back in the phone and installed safestrap which was intended for locked bootloaders.

Later I uninstalled it since the phone's camera and SIM card reader are busted and the phone is still under warranty. However, rooting voids the warranty and I imagine CWM will, too. Unrooting is fairly simple and straightforward, however, removing CWM is proving a very difficult endeavor.

My intention is to also unroot and then factory reset the phone. But when I try to factory reset it, I always get past the" software not installed by AT&T has been found on your phone" error screen. Since I have a locked bootloader, I can't simply flash recovery with ODIN. I have no idea what to do at this point, I'm fresh out of things to try.

Anything, anything at all would help. Thanks!!!! :)

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
You can odin flash with a stock image file and the right checkboxes marked! What is your baseband version at??