iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus - Are Apple Hypocrites?

Is Apple Right?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just love tech, bring it on!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm talking mostly aesthetics here, not performance. I agree with you completely that it doesn't take a toll on the system the way it use to, I actually like the way Samsung devices perform as of late, not as great as AOSP, but better than it use to. LG is the same way. Even if it doesn't take away from the system like it use to, it's still taking away. I've seen and used an S5, what kind of android junkie would I be if I didn't. There's still noticeable glitches, and it's just too much in there. IMO Sense is the only skin worth having, and I'm not a huge HTC fan by any means.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great point guys, thanks for sharing. That's what makes discussing these issues so much fun. I get POVs I wouldn't normally get, or think of myself.

tap'n on my S5

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I WOULD like to see how the Galaxy Alpha feels/handles though, looks like a nice device. And the Note 4 has me interested. Who knows, maybe TW will grow on me.

on the move..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
All I can say other than a Nexus device ..AOSP doesn't run better than a Note TW Rom or Sense Rom ..IMO you lose functionality...give me Nova launcher with Rom from original OS it's a win ...
Back to IPhone..haha

M8 tap'd

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Verizon offers iPhone 6 for free if you trade in your old iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S or 5C.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/09/technology/mobile/verizon-iphone-6/
Being that Verizon is the nation's largest carrier, I think this will be huge in boosting Apples new iPhone sales numbers.

tap'n on my S5
I'm pretty shocked that Verizon is offering that deal. Does Apple have any say in these kinds of deals? And if they do then I am really shocked they are allowing it.

That being said, my parents (both 4s owners) are happy about that deal and looks like they'll be upgrading. Guess I get to mess around with a iphone 6 since we'll have two in the family soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty shocked that Verizon is offering that deal. Does Apple have any say in these kinds of deals? And if they do then I am really shocked they are allowing it.

That being said, my parents (both 4s owners) are happy about that deal and looks like they'll be upgrading. Guess I get to mess around with a iphone 6 since we'll have two in the family soon.
Why would apple care they making money plus they get their new phones in more hands. And Verizon is going to make money back on the old iPhones being they have a high resale value. Either they use it as bait to bring older people off their dumb phones or they make money by reselling it on the market via a third party vendor.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why would apple care they making money plus they get their new phones in more hands. And Verizon is going to make money back on the old iPhones being they have a high resale value. Either they use it as bait to bring older people off their dumb phones or they make money by reselling it on the market via a third party vendor.

I always thought Apple had a pretty strong hold of which carriers get to sell their phones and also at what price. Alot of retailers don't have sales for Apple devices so I thought the same would apply here. (I don't keep up at all with Apple products so forgive my ignorance).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I always thought Apple had a pretty strong hold of which carriers get to sell their phones and also at what price. Alot of retailers don't have sales for Apple devices so I thought the same would apply here. (I don't keep up at all with Apple products so forgive my ignorance).
Yeah but if Verizon is paying full price for them apple is still getting their money. And I know Apple's deal us that carriers pay full price where some android OEMS I think Verizon pays a percentage.