Is my Milestone bricked???

sware2321

Reaction score
Please help me... I have a milestone here that will not make it past the M screen. I am able to get it to the bootloader screen and push sbf files through rsd lite, but i cannot get it to do anything after that.

I have tried:
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03
moto-droid2.01stock

but neither have made it past the m screen. Is there anything I can try???

Thanks for your help.

tehpriest

Reaction score
If it is a Milestone you have to flash it with an official Milestone SBF and preferably of it's country of origin. The bootloader is locked to prevent any other firmware being used.

OP
S

sware2321

Reaction score
Thanks, I have downloaded a couple and each time I try to flash them through RSDlite I get "Critical Error: 1337 510B" so I went back and tried the SPRecovery and it goes through just fine. All this to say that I am still stuck at the m screen and am at a loss as to where to go next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do you have the correct drivers for the Milestone for RSD installed on your PC?

OP
S

sware2321

Reaction score
I believe I do, I have fully flashed multiple Milestones prior to this one. I can definitely download again

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved you to the Rescue Squad....Hopefully they can help.

melvillebutler

Reaction score
You are make sure that You have sufficient hard drive for this milestone. Even I have seen that Most of the users have gotten failure in it. I wish that You will get this milestone as well . Good luck.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Your phone is not bricked. A bricked phone will not even power on, ever. But using the .sbf files designed for the CDMA Droid are not going to work on your GSM Milestone. You will have to figure out why the milestone .sbf files are failing. I had to use a different computer once. RSD Lite 4.6 only plays the best on a 32bit winXP machine, but then sometimes it will depoend on where on your machine the .sbf file is located. Sometimes putting it on the root of your c: drive works, you just have to play around with a few different things.

good luck

jonnyj99

Reaction score
I have a milestone Brazilian and I was using the 2.0.1 firmware 1.2.1 + UK Press. He has worked with some errors, but it was good. Yesterday, Brazil has been updated to 2.0.1 out.I have a game that does not make it past the screen of M. I can see the boot loader screen and press sbf files by RSD Lite, but I can not do anything afterwards.