Is This Normal??

Clamshell

Reaction score
While exploring my new Z Force I noticed in
Settings
About Phone
Status...scroll down to
Last factory data reset= July 5, 2016 12:23:34 PM
Is this normal? Why would a new phone only bought a few days ago be FDR'd?

Can someone else check their Z Force to see if it's been FDR'd?
Is this something the factory would do after testing and or final inspection? Seems odd to me.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As an example, my Turbo 2 Last FDR Date displays 21 Separate 2015. That's 5 weeks before the phone was available to purchase. It must have something to do with the date the phone was loaded at the factory. I would not worry too much about it, and consider it normal. That date did change on my daughter's phone when we performed a FDR.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Agreed with everyone's accounting here. After the phones are manufactured and assembled, they are pulled from the assembly line and put onto testing. The phones are installed with the OS at the factory, then an application is installed which puts the phones through an extensive exercise that tests all functions and runs them through a burn-in for several hours. This burn-in is done to stress the phones and reduce or eliminate any phones that have marginal components which may fail early in their operation.

After the phones pass the burn-in test, they are factory restored to remove the burn-in software and return them to a factory new state. Then they are finally inspected for any physical aberrations or damage before being placed in production for packaging and readying for shipment. It's that final factory restore completed at the factory that your phones are displaying in history.

Last edited:
OP
C

Clamshell

Reaction score
Jul 5, 2016 8:19:51 AM

That's the date and time for mine

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thanks for checking.
Agreed with everyone's accounting here. After the phones are manufactured and assembled, they are pulled from the assembly line and put onto testing. The phones are installed with the OS at the factory, then an application is installed which puts the phones through an extensive exercise that tests all functions and runs them through a burn-in for several hours. This burn-in is done to stress the phones and reduce or eliminate any phones that have marginal components which may fail early in their operation.

After the phones pass the burn-in test, they are factory restored to remove the burn-in software and return them to a factory new state. Then they are finally inspected for any physical aberrations or damage before being placed in production for packaging and readying for shipment. It's that final factory restore completed at the factory that your phones are displaying in history.

OP
C

Clamshell

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I feel better knowing this. So far really liking the Force.
It's quite a upgrade from my Droid Maxx. Only hope Motonovo steps up their game as far as updates.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...Only hope Motonovo steps up their game as far as updates.

They are actually doing pretty good at OS updates to Marshmallow. The Turbo update has been a mess for them, no argument there. But otherwise they are cranking out Marshmallow updates. This is just one article, I have read others claiming that Moto has the most phone models on Marshmallow. The problem is any phone with the word Droid in the name is 100% controlled by Verizon, all updates are determined by them.

Apteligent: Motorola and LG are fastest to roll out Marshmallow in the US, Sony phones most stable

OP
C

Clamshell

Reaction score
They are actually doing pretty good at OS updates to Marshmallow. The Turbo update has been a mess for them, no argument there. But otherwise they are cranking out Marshmallow updates. This is just one article, I have read others claiming that Moto has the most phone models on Marshmallow. The problem is any phone with the word Droid in the name is 100% controlled by Verizon, all updates are determined by them.

Apteligent: Motorola and LG are fastest to roll out Marshmallow in the US, Sony phones most stable
Thanks for this. Good to know.