is this normal?

lerit50

Reaction score
I've been loving lithium mod... recently installed a slayher kernel and its clocked at 700mhz... i was talking on the phone today for about 5 min. When i started, I had 70% battery... when I ended the call I had 50%... is this normal or does it have something to do with my battery not being calibrated well?

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
Without installing clockworkmod recovery is there anyway to recalibrate to see if this is the problem?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Let the battery fully discharge -- as in run til the phone shuts itself off due to no power in the battery, and then charge it fully without interruption.

Let it shut itself off and then plug it into the wall charger and let 'er go for at least an hour without messing with it or even touching it. :D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe I'm going to try this as well! Thanks!

Let the battery fully discharge -- as in run til the phone shuts itself off due to no power in the battery, and then charge it fully without interruption.

Let it shut itself off and then plug it into the wall charger and let 'er go for at least an hour without messing with it or even touching it. :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Psychlone

Reaction score
...OR you could reboot into CW recovery and wipe Dalvik and Battery Stats. Works every time.

Psychlone

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The Dalvik cache is the cached data from the JIT compiler. Think of it as a combination of the registry on a windows machine and the prefetch folder/files. Every once in a while you want to clean all the old garbage out; stuff for apps you never run/uninstalled weeks ago, remnants of the last ROM you ran, etc.

Your phone will run a bit snappier depending on how much crap had built up, your battery life often improves slightly, and your stability often improves as well.