Just a few moments while we prepare this application for use

moset

Reaction score
I have never seen this before. Totally stock, just ran an app to clear app cache. Is that it?
anavymyg.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lowvolt

Reaction score
If you cleared the app cache it has to rebuild it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
I thought that might be it but I've never seen this screen before.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is not to dissimilar to the screen you see when you've applied a system update and it has to "update applications". Still, I would bet the others are right...this is the rebuilding of the caches for the applications. Some applications use cache very minimally whereas others, especially large applications cache LOTS of subroutines for various operations they perform, and so they need to have all the subroutines available at a split second's notice in order to perform at peak performance.

I'd be interested knowing how many times you see that now that you've cleared the cache. I'd also be interested knowing on which apps it happens, and if it only happens the first time you run them.

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
It came up every time I tried to check storage in settings. That would always take some time to Register but it never showed that window. I found that I had less than a gig in both internal and SD available space. After deleting some unneeded stuff I now have over 3 gig in each. Things in general seem much faster.