Just got the G2 after Galaxy Nexus - Two questions

TheCleaner

Reaction score
  1. I wanted to see what the LG apps were like (the remote, etc.) but didn't want to really accept their EULA about all the things they might track. After doing so, and seeing the apps aren't worth it...is there a way to reset or disable this now besides a factory reset?
  2. I really like the home screen weather widget, but I'm very used to Google's built in "News and Weather" widget. Can anyone recommend a news widget that they really like? It doesn't have to fit on my current home screen, just looking for something decent where I can aggregate news articles based on topics and keywords.

Other than that, so far so good. I'm still getting used to the UI after vanilla Android, but loving the phone so far. It was down to this or the Droid Maxx and I figured I can give up a little battery life to have a better phone.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. To reset any apps installed on your device, go to Settings --> Apps --> All Apps
2. find the App that you accepted the EULA for, and open it.
3. Click on delete data. This will reset the app.

A news app I use that does some of what Google's news and weather app did is called "Newshog". It has a nice widget, and refreshes itself every so often. It's not quite like the old Google News widget, but it's all I could find. So far, I've used it for about a month, and it's still on my homescreen (I haven't thought to remove it yet :happy3:).

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
1. To reset any apps installed on your device, go to Settings --> Apps --> All Apps
2. find the App that you accepted the EULA for, and open it.
3. Click on delete data. This will reset the app.

Yeah, I tried that first...but it doesn't help. The LG apps are the Quick Remote and 2 others (Voice Mate and something else)...and the first time you launch one of them it asks to accept a EULA for all 3 regarding what info they'll collect.

I've cleared the data and cache from the 2 apps I remember, but they still open without asking for the EULA acceptance, so I'm guessing it's tied to another "parent app" of some kind, just not sure which one in the "ALL" list.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I might be a little late responding here, but figure there's no harm... There's not an overabundance of people posting on the G2 section... So...

I was disabling a bunch of crap the other day and saw a EULA app listed there (Settings > Application Manager > All Apps) which may be why clearing the data in the other apps didn't work. It might be stored in the EULA app's data and you may have to clear the data for that along with the other three apps. I haven't tried it as I don't feel like redoing my remote controls but it sounds logical :) The EULA app that I noticed is definitely an LG app... I can tell by the hideous icon haha..

Let me know if that works, well if you even read this since it's an old reply. If not maybe it can point others with the same desire in the right direction, perhaps