just got the new update for dx2. 1.3.418!!

4saken

Reaction score
ok i have read up on this and it is got to be a cover up for verizon to fill in there own seciruty issues break root,no tether, and probably many more . and what is this about wireless alert system? ? anyway my phone automatically downloaded the update yesterday but i am not gonna install it .. it alerts me every two hrs . my question is where does this update get stored when downloaded so i can wipe it out ? i am lucky that my dx2 doesnt have alot of the issues i have read that other users have . so i like my phone the way it is other then the bootloader being locked ! so can any one help with where that file would located . thanks very much .

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Rename /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to BlurUpdater_VZW.apk.bak. Rename /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.odex to BlurUpdater_VZW.odex.bak
wipe cache
edit: you can use 2.3.4 sbf if you update
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
4saken

4saken

Reaction score
yhanks a bunch i am gonna give that a shot . im not gonna update this one so yea all i need is it to gett it to stop notifying me to update . thanks man ...

SrSly

Reaction score
Your first question: Wireless Alert System is the Emergency Alert System for phone. You'll probably get tests every now and then but its a pretty important feature.

OP
4saken

4saken

Reaction score
ok I wasnt sure about it . it seem kinda shady . also do you think the update will break any kind of hotspot/tethering app or hack . say foxfi or if you have used radio comm , or say on the dx2 you can turn ur hotspot on then use the dialer to dial *#*#4636#*#*and toggle ur radio and it actually starts workin . I figured they would close the gap

sampsonX2

Reaction score
ok I wasnt sure about it . it seem kinda shady . also do you think the update will break any kind of hotspot/tethering app or hack . say foxfi or if you have used radio comm , or say on the dx2 you can turn ur hotspot on then use the dialer to dial *#*#4636#*#*and toggle ur radio and it actually starts workin . I figured they would close the gap

I'm betting that's the main reason why they are releasing the update. I for one am going to stick with my custom rom.

Verizon: "we arent goign to issue an update for the droid x2 because it is getting a little old and we arent going to carry it much longer."
Customers: "we want an update too!"
Verizon: "ok heres a wireless tether patching update, enjoy!"