Just installed SD3.0 and somethings wrong

pyrofreak

Reaction score
I just rooted my phone using Pete's root tool then installed the bootstrap app in the market then installed the clockwork mod and booted into the bootmenu thing and backed up the rom and installed SD3.0 and it runs perfect but I can't get back into the bootmenu the menu that was power plus x on the OG DROID . That's the only phone I've rooted so I'm a little confused and I'm sure I messed something up but it's not bad because my phone works and is running SD3.0 but I can't install a theme to it.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I can't get back into the bootmenu the menu that was power plus x on the OG DROID . That's the only phone I've rooted so I'm a little confused and I'm sure I messed something up but it's not bad because my phone works and is running SD3.0 but I can't install a theme to it.

Rest assured that you didn't mess anything up. I was a bit confused when I got my DX coming from a OG droid. In order to get into recovery with the D3 (or any phone that is locked down) is to install the 'D3 bootstrap' from the market. The application will install the recovery if its not already there, then when you open the application you will want to press 'bootstrap recovery' it will ask for root and then a popup will say 'successful', from there you then press reboot recovery. Voila, thats it!

Now, there are multiple versions of the D3 boostrap which are available free either over at XDAdevelopers or rootzwiki. I suggested koush's bootstrap from the market because it will be the most up to date bootstrap, but I believe it costs around $3. If you have any other questions just ask. =]

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
That's the bootstrap I got but after I installed the steel droid v3 I wanted to put a theme on it and my phone won't go back into the recovery menu where you can install .zip files and stuff. It will reboot but not stop on that menu it just does a reboot. Does that make sense? Lol

EDIT::: I'm stupid I should've done what you said before I typed that. It worked thank you. You're the man, man. Is there a reason why a theme didn't change my app drawer? Cause I really hate the stock d3 app drawer.

Last edited:

nu2droid

Reaction score
If you switch to another launcher like adw, you can tweek it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

GreenSnow

Reaction score
That's the bootstrap I got but after I installed the steel droid v3 I wanted to put a theme on it and my phone won't go back into the recovery menu where you can install .zip files and stuff. It will reboot but not stop on that menu it just does a reboot. Does that make sense? Lol

EDIT::: I'm stupid I should've done what you said before I typed that. It worked thank you. You're the man, man. Is there a reason why a theme didn't change my app drawer? Cause I really hate the stock d3 app drawer.

it all depends on what is 'themed', typically themes, include, status bar, icons, system fonts...but like mentioned above, a home launcher (GO launcher, ADW, there are a couple others to) will do the rest