Keeping Rezound over Galaxy Nexus

ndeer44

Reaction score
So coming from the OG Droid the rezound blows me away obviously but I was wondering what the reasons to trade in for a galaxy nexus for.
My reason for not trading in for nexus, correct me if im wrong:

Hardware on rezound> gnex.

I dont really want to get into the ROM scene on this phone but do want to remove the sense and all the bloat ware and maybe wifi tether and over/underclock, will that be an issue for this phone? Like when an update comes out for ICS will I still be able to remove the sense and bloat?

I can wait an extra for ICS, let them fix the bugs, im happy as long as my phone is super fast.

I wont be using NFC.

Beats headphones

Extended battery.

Any comments on the reasons to keep this phone or reasons to switch to the gnexus?

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
developer friendly: Nexus > *
Processor: nexus = rezound (this is debatable, but IMO TI's OMAP line is one of the best out there, even at slower clock speeds)
RAM: can't go wrong, they all have plenty
Screen: both 720p
Memory : Rezound > Nexus. Rezound is upgrad-able here, nexus has pre-installed SD memory - non upgrade-able
case: from what I've read this is a toss-up as well.
UI: Also debatable... Many prefer sense, just as many hate it. No current way to get rid of it on the rezound, just have to install a second launcher and run sense in the background - waste of ram. Nexus > Rezound.

Overall.. pick your poison :)

combatmedic870

Reaction score
^^^ yep....get what ever phone you like. once i get hands on the nexus, then i will pick one.... i have till january 9th. right now if the nexus sucks. the rezound is a mighty nice phone. I already have a screen off profile for it to save battery. win win.

Donsell

Reaction score
If they get S-Off before the Nexus is released I'll be giving the Rezound a hard look.

L

leroybrute

developer friendly: Nexus > *
Processor: nexus = rezound (this is debatable, but IMO TI's OMAP line is one of the best out there, even at slower clock speeds)
RAM: can't go wrong, they all have plenty
Screen: both 720p
Memory : Rezound > Nexus. Rezound is upgrad-able here, nexus has pre-installed SD memory - non upgrade-able
case: from what I've read this is a toss-up as well.
UI: Also debatable... Many prefer sense, just as many hate it. No current way to get rid of it on the rezound, just have to install a second launcher and run sense in the background - waste of ram. Nexus > Rezound.

Overall.. pick your poison :)

I use go launcher and home manager. With home manager you make go launcher default then go into settings of home manager and autokill sense. I have been doing this with all my phones for a while. Works great if you dont like the manufacture UI.

androidgeek

Reaction score
I'm rocking my Rezound now and I'm pretty happy with it. If the Nexus ever comes out I may just buy it with my taxes Jan-Feb. Then I'll just have the best of both worlds. S-off is coming and so is the Nexus, waiting for both will drive a cell phone junkie :icon_ banana:

EVSP

Reaction score
Forgive this noobie chick, but what is S-off?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

ndeer44

Reaction score
S-off is security off. Need it off to have permanent root

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Forgive this noobie chick, but what is S-off?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HTC specific terminology. S-on = locked bootloader, S-Off = unlocked bootloader, which in turn is the ability to load custom kernels and leaves rezound owners no longer relying on HTC for updates, and or limitations.

Spyder5157

Reaction score
I read an appearing method to turn S-Off, which tuned out to be a total failure.
1. You Turned-Off Fastboot in the settings (In the Power Setting), just un-check it.
2. Hold Volume Down + Power
3. At the top some various code + listed is S-ON

4. Following that it instructs you to go to the area you like in this case, the options for this.
5. Hit Power to change the option.

It was quite clear in the instructions that this would easily turn to S-OFF, then you hit Volume up to reboot.

PROBLEM: When hitting enter to change this option, all that happens is 2-3 lines of text listing "Procedure FAILED", etc. So, it is clearly not the way to do it.

I will say however, when you hold vol. down + Power, the white screen with just the few options, it SEEMED very clear that it would work....

VERY DISAPPOINTING. As this particular forum (Honestly, I forget the forum as I was scrambling thru options) ,the issue was the during this forum, the instructions continued on how to Root, now that S-OFF is complete.

Oh well, at the minimum another way is learned on how "NOT" to do something,

Best regards,
Spyder