Launcher Pro

dolpns13

Reaction score
I use LauncherPro and after the ICS update everytime I am everytime I hit the home button, my Rezound goes out of LauncherPro and into HTC Sense. This is so annoying. Before the update if I was on the internet, texting, whatever, and hit the home button, it would go to the LP homescreen, but now after the ICS update, it doesnt matter what screen I am on, when I hit the home button it goes to HTC Sense. Like LP isnt the default homescreen anymore.

Can anyone tell me how to make LP my default homescreen so when I hit the home button it goes back to LP and not to HTC Sense?

Please help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
clear the default of LP and then hit the home key again. it should ask you which launcher to use once again.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
clear the default of LP and then hit the home key again. it should ask you which launcher to use once again.

I tried that and it doesnt work. I cleared the defaults, then hit home, and it goes directly to Sense. Then when Im on Sense I hit the home button again and the only thing that came up were recent windows. I downloaded a home page clearer and it seems to be doing what I want it to do now, in terms of hitting the home button and staying in LP, not going to Sense.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I don't know if it the reason exactly but I have read about people having issues using Launcher Pro while running ICS. The last update for it was well over a year ago, which was quite a while before ICS started hitting devices.

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
I read about the issues with ICS too so when I upgraded to the S3 I didn't even install Launcher Pro Plus. Instead I went with Apex Launcher Pro. It seemed to have all the features I was used to in a launcher.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Since JSM refreshed my memory, I do recall having issues with LP on my Nexus when it first came out. I loved using LP on my Inc and tried to on my Nexus but it didn't work right. I switched to Apex and never looked back.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
I got LP to work, but what is APEX? Is it similar functionality and speed? Ive never heard of it.

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
It's a home replacement app (or launcher) that is similar to Launcher Pro. It's available in the Play Store and has pretty much every feature I liked in Launcher Pro and more. There is a free version if you want to try it out. Nova Launcher is also another option.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I got LP to work, but what is APEX? Is it similar functionality and speed? Ive never heard of it.
It's pretty similar to LP, but a bit more stable, imo at least. LP would freeze up on me every now and then on my Dinc, I haven't had that problem with Apex on my Nexus.

I would've loved to compare the two on my Nexus, but considering LP didn't work on my Nexus, no can do.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Since Launcher Pro hasn't been updated in over a year, it's fallen way behind on features and compatibility. The three most popular homescreen/launcher replacements right now are Apex, Nova, and GoLauncher. I used to use Launcher Pro on every device I owned, but the developer has seemingly abandoned it (although I've read that he's supposedly rewriting it, but I'll believe that when it's released). It would be well worth your time to look into those launchers because they offer far more in the way of features, and they're kept up to date with the latest Android releases.