Looking for tun.ko for Motorola Milestone

pointdexler

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a working tun.ko for my milestone... I got one from googling the web but it doesn't seem to work..

BTW, anyone got Openvpn to work on the milestone? Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

theindianjob

Reaction score
I got OpenVPN application installed and working, but I am also having a problem with the tun.ko module. I've tried every iteration of it available on the web. I've also tried loading the module from the ADB CLI and I get an error about the exec format being invalid or something. It looks like none of the files I've tried have been built using my kernel version on similar hardware. I've been checking Motorla's website regularly to see if the source has been release, can't find it.

Does anyone have a working one?

OP
P

pointdexler

Reaction score
I got OpenVPN application installed and working, but I am also having a problem with the tun.ko module. I've tried every iteration of it available on the web. I've also tried loading the module from the ADB CLI and I get an error about the exec format being invalid or something. It looks like none of the files I've tried have been built using my kernel version on similar hardware. I've been checking Motorla's website regularly to see if the source has been release, can't find it.

Does anyone have a working one?

Try looking for one over here..

Downloads - sbdtools - Project Hosting on Google Code

theindianjob

Reaction score
@ pointdexler -Thanks

Thanks pointdexler, I checked there and tried some of the versions on that page, but no luck.

I'm still looking. Does anyone know where I can find source? Checked motorola's website and it is not released yet.

theindianjob

Reaction score
Got it!

Thanks pointdexler, I checked there and tried some of the versions on that page, but no luck.

I'm still looking. Does anyone know where I can find source? Checked motorola's website and it is not released yet.

FYI, I got a working tun.ko module from here:
http://www.saturnwiki.net/droid_tun_driver/2.6.32.9/tun_alt.ko

I'm working with droid 2 (a.k.a motorola milestone 2) running android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.

The tun module now allows me to connect, but does not pass traffic. I'm still working on that.

leobg

Reaction score

I'm working with droid 2 (a.k.a motorola milestone 2) running android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.

The tun module now allows me to connect, but does not pass traffic. I'm still working on that.

Could the issue be MTU set too large? Try ifconfig tun0 mtu 1300 after you get connected - see if you can pass traffic afterwards.

I am now looking for tun module for Motorola Milestone 1 for the new 2.6.32 (froyo) kernel. Tried the kernel module you found and it loads, however when I try to use it, phone crashes :(

theindianjob

Reaction score

Could the issue be MTU set too large? Try ifconfig tun0 mtu 1300 after you get connected - see if you can pass traffic afterwards.

I am now looking for tun module for Motorola Milestone 1 for the new 2.6.32 (froyo) kernel. Tried the kernel module you found and it loads, however when I try to use it, phone crashes :(

Thanks for the MTU suggestion, but unfortunately I tried it and it makes no difference. One thing I did note after looking at all the interfaces is that after my ovpn client connects, the tun0 adapter does not obtain a dhcp address from my ovpn server. I will try it with a static address on the correct range to see if that makes a difference.

What methods are you using to load the tun module on your milestone? If you're using modprobe, try using insmod instead or visa versa. See if that makes a difference when connecting on Froyo rom.