Mac rooting

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i know its been asked and i know last i check you couldnt do it with 2.1 but is anyone working on programs to root with a mac?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope and I would be surprised if we ever see one. I did all the trial vmware stuff to root my phone through my mac. Was quite the pain in the butt, hopefully I don't have to unroot my phone because all the trial stuff expired, haha, thankfully I do have a roommate who has a windows computer I can use.

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope and I would be surprised if we ever see one. I did all the trial vmware stuff to root my phone through my mac. Was quite the pain in the butt, hopefully I don't have to unroot my phone because all the trial stuff expired, haha, thankfully I do have a roommate who has a windows computer I can use.
my roommate has a windows comp its not working, hes getting it fix though.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do with OSX that you have to use Windows for? I mean, I am running my third rendition of Petes BB (v1.1, 1.2GHz) and I have yet to use Windows.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
RSDlite cannot be run through a mac, unless you have a virtual machine set up to do so. Other than that you can do everything with the mac. I had already updated to 2.1 before I decided to root so I was stuck doing all the trial crap just to get windows on my mac.

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, my roommates comp was fried so now i really want someone to make this possible on a mac, without installing windows.