Mame for Android?

Ziffy

Reaction score
I am really surprised that nobody has created an arcade emulator for Android yet. Does it exist? I would love to play the hundreds of game roms that I have on my Droid...instead of the lame "conversions". It's pretty clear the Droid is definitely powerful enough...after all Quake 2 (Thank You!) works incredibly well.

I just want to be clear...the "Android Arcade" is BS...because it has very limited game support...and the "Jrioni" emulator I have heard bad reviews on...like buying it and waiting for a password. Rediculous! Mame is meant to be FREE...anybody that charges for it is just a scheming mofo!

Any input would be appreciated!

Z

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For someone to create something there has to be something in it for them. They either have a need for such a tool or app themselves so they give back to the community by sharing what they have created, they are trying to get themselves known so they give away a free app, or they see a profit in it and charge for their app.

There are many apps on other phones that have not made their way to Android yet. No doubt there is a market here but the big game developers and the smaller folks too have to decide it is worth it to them. Sometimes it comes down to having to learn a new language to port their app to.

I agree with you..this and other apps would be great to have and I'd be willing to spend my 99 cents to 5 bucks on them. However, I'm not surprised that all of the really cool goodies aren't here yet.

I've heard the same about the Android Arcade. I have bought both the nesdroid emulators. I couldn't get zelda to play on the snesoid app though so didn't buy it. Leave the house and all was dark.

dnvnk

Reaction score
I've heard the same about the Android Arcade. I have bought both the nesdroid emulators. I couldn't get zelda to play on the snesoid app though so didn't buy it. Leave the house and all was dark.

Go into settings, and check the transparency setting. fixed.

tcat

Reaction score
You should try the new version of Android Arcade Emulator(Android Arcade Emulator)

Version v1.0.1 [03/04/2010]
1.android 2.0 supported. Moto Droid, Google Nexus One, etc.