Maxx slowing down

darnoc23

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a few weeks ago I started to see slowness on my phone. Meaning whenver I press an icon, type, etc...there's a delay. I have advanced task manager and fast reboot, but that doesn't help. It does help however when I restart my phone and within the day I start experiencing the response time issue again. During work I end up restarting my phone 3 times a day. What I've also noticed is that the battery life drains quicker than usual. I would say within 6 hours my battery would be gone, without using my phone. So I'm thinking there's a process running in the background that's eating up my memory, but when I look at current running apps there's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm using Maty's 215 (6.16.215.XT912). How do I track what process is dragging my phone? Is there a new update I should be using from the 215? Also, I purchased my Maxx from Ebay 6 months ago and I have never got the Maxx to go long in battery life as advertised. I've factor reset my phone serval times, battery caliberation. If I don't use my phone, it will last up to a good 12 hours without charging. But if I'm emailing, phone, web browsing, it will only last 6 hours. Is it safe to purchase phones through EBay? Meaning, whatever application, tweaks that the previous owner has done, doing a factory reset basically baselines everything from scratch? Thanks.

brinotherhino1

Reaction score
As far as I know, you shouldn't need the advanced task manager app installed on there if it's one you installed third party because it is built into the software already. Try removing that and see how it behaves.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
As far as I know, you shouldn't need the advanced task manager app installed on there if it's one you installed third party because it is built into the software already. Try removing that and see how it behaves.

Correct, those task managers do kill the battery quicker. If set to "aggressive" that means its running constantly killing the apps that start back up on their own.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

skipbl92

Reaction score
I am having the same "slow" issue, but a couple of different things about my phone. I am running stock and I use smart actions and fast reboot. I downloaded fast reboot last time I was having the issue. I helps for a minute or two. I also downloaded WatchDog Lite and it showed that I had a program using a lot of the battery. I removed that app and I was getting 2 days of battery life until a few days ago. I am back to maybe 12 hours of battery life. Jelly Bean can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greyghost04

Reaction score

Hey thanks, I think that advice fixed my slowness problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You might also consider clearing your cache.

OP
D

darnoc23

Reaction score
Ok, I removed advanced task killer, cleared cache and I also removed go launcher which was the last update i did and still get the same issues. Actually worse, battery drains 4-5 hours without doing anything. I purchased this phone in EBay, is there any test I can do to see if battery or some other tweak damaged the phone? The seller never told me he rooted the phone and so I had to learn how to do this myself. I'm using Maty's 215, should I be using something else. Does using stock ROM's give you more battery life? Thanks.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I had the same problems with my phone. I had installed quite a few apps including a task manager and a battery app. After the OTA update a few months ago my phone was seriously lagging and the battery drained quickly. My solution was a hard reset of the phone and reinstall the barest of apps that I knew I were safe and didn't cause much issues. Now my phone is working great after the last OTA update and battery life is about the same as when I first bought it. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2