Motorola XPRT released today

Astaroth

Reaction score
Well, that sucks then. I hope they intend to eventually release it and haven't just dropped it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well, that sucks then. I hope they intend to eventually release it and haven't just dropped it.

I'm sure they will. It's very possible that the initial release to a handful of users was a test run. It's really a solid build all around, so I don't see them having to make too many adjustments to it before they roll it out to everyone.

whoiswct

Reaction score
xprt and droid pro are also global mobile supporting gsm and cdma.
so, if both unlocked, what's the difference?

i know xprt is bundled with 1800mAh battery and the battery cover is different from droid pro's one in material used.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
xprt and droid pro are also global mobile supporting gsm and cdma.
so, if both unlocked, what's the difference?

i know xprt is bundled with 1800mAh battery and the battery cover is different from droid pro's one in material used.

Different CDMA networks, different files and apps installed on the phone, different updates. The two are not interchangeable.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
If it ever really did push out OTA to Pros (which I haven't seen anyone say happened to them, only people saying "it has happened to people"), then they backed out for whatever reason, which suggests to me that the build that leaked is probably unstable or insecure in some way. Anyway, they need to get on with it and release it officially, all the other Droids have gotten it.

Another GB OTA recipient here. Go check the Moto support forums - plenty of people of there perplexed about why the OTA seems to have stopped almost as soon as it was started. I did not download from a forum or file site. Got it straight from Verizon OTA.