My Droid 3 headaches.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
EDIT2: Turns out I had to set my Router's Wireless speed from 150mbps to 54mbps in order to get wifi working correctly. please lock.

Firstly, let me just state that Steel Droid is a very fine ROM. I used to use 3.0 and decided to traverse other roms, but I'm back on it now for 4.5

However, not everything is perfect. I'm having plenty of troubles with this ROM now. One being that my WiFi is almost constantly dropped when I try to do anything (3G is occasionally dropped now too)

One common problem is downloading things from the market. For example, say I'm downloading google voice. It gets to 8kb and then gets stuck before shoving me a "NO CONNECTION" error. My wifi AND 3G is on though.

I'll take this one step at a time though, cause I know I have other problems. Help me out guys :D

Edit: It's very likely that the NETGEAR router I have is the source of the problem though. It's a WNR2000

cnycompguy

Reaction score
Have you tried SBFing back to stock, wiping all & then flashing to SD4.5?
I haven't had any of the issues you're talking about, the need to step your router down to 54mb/s is normal because the higher speed isn't a standard, it's a manufacturer added gimmick.

Hope you can get your troubles worked out :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk