My LG Spectrum has embarrassed me for the last time - Need replacement

Modemjunkie

Reaction score
I have had my VZ LG SPectrum for a year and a half but if I had a pistol i would shoot it, At a private recital in a home this evening, I checked after the program began to make sure volume was off. Last month I thought I had turned it off before an opera, but my ringtone blared during an opera in a packed auditorium. Since then I have turned the phone off entirely at musical events and at theater.

Because I have a fairly large memory chip the phone tales quite a while to reboot and become usable.

For that reason I simply set the phone on silent,not even vibrate tonight. Being paranoid, I checked shortly after the program began, all indications were that volume was off. At a key moment it rang. The performer made a caustic comment. Concentration was broken.

So, I need a replacement that at least matches the Spectrum:

Fairly large,
Good screen
Decent camera
Oversize battery

AND above all,
A MECHANICAL SWITCH THAT WILL COMPLETELY TURN OFF ALL SOUND, Which CANNOT BE OVERRIDEN BY ANY SOFTWARE OR ACCODENTAL TOUCHING. I want to be able to tell it is in the off position by just looking without looking at a screen.

Ooops. Didn't realize I was shouting. My old palm pre had such a switch. I understand iPhones have them. If I had realized that I would have violated all of my principles and bought one, but I don't want to go there if I don't have to. Is there an affordable amdroid that will fit my requirements

Recommendations please.

Thanks in advance,

Len